LOVE

When times get hard the word Love brings about peace,
when times get rough showing Love brings gratitude,
but when someone one else is in a storm of their own giving Love is a gift all its own. Lets try doing that all day and see how many gifts we receive from that alone.

L- is for the way you look at me
O-is your the only one I see
V-is very very extraordinary
E-is even more than any one could adore
and LOVE is all that I can give to You Love is just a silly game for two, two in Love can make it, take my heart and please don't break it LOVE was made for me and YOU. His Name is Jesus.

ABOUT ME

My photo
Lancaster, Texas, United States
I am a single mother of four beautiful children. I have had my share of weight of the world and decided to make a page just for people who want to be able to talk about everyday situations and get things off of their chest. Many times the thing that we lack the most in life is someone to talk to and show us unconditional compassion. I am a Christian woman, so many topics that are related to helpful hints to overcome are good. I completed my BA Psychology degree in 2010 at Argosy University. I am currently enrolled in Liberty University in the Master of Arts Marriage and Family Therapist. My goal is to become a Psychologist on the Doctoral level which I hope to start by next fall. I have decided to make this site because it is nice to have someone to talk to every once in a while. So weather you need a poem to write or a shoulder to cry on I am here. I am not trying to do some experiment this is me, I really do care.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Woman and a Fork (Very Good Advice)



This is much needed today!  He's always has a good word for you, especially when you least expect it!  J

 
 

Woman   and a Fork  
   
There   was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a  terminal  illness and had been given three months to  live. So as she  was getting her things 'in order,' she  contacted her Pastor  and had him come to her house to  discuss certain aspects of  her final wishes.  

She told him which songs she  wanted sung at  the service, what scriptures she would like  read, and  what outfit she wanted to be buried in.  

Everything was in order and the  Pastor was  preparing to leave when the young woman suddenly   remembered something very important to her.  

'There's one more thing,' she  said excitedly..  

'What's that?' came the  Pastor's reply.  

'This is very important,' the  young woman  continued. 'I want to be buried with a fork in  my  right hand.'  

The Pastor stood looking at  the  young woman, not knowing quite what to say.  

That surprises you, doesn't  it?' the young  woman asked.

'Well, to be honest, I'm  puzzled  by the request,' said the Pastor.  

The young  woman explained. 'My  grandmother once told me this  story, and from that time on I  have always tried to  pass along its message to those I love  and those who  are in need of encouragement. In all my years  of  attending socials and dinners, I always remember that   when the dishes of the main course were being cleared,   someone would inevitably lean over and say, 'Keep your   fork.' It was my favourite part because I knew that  something better was coming...like velvety chocolate cake or  deep-dish  apple pie. Something wonderful, and with  substance!'  

So, I just want people to  see  me there in that casket with a fork in my hand and  I want  them to wonder 'What's with the fork?' Then I  want you to  tell them: 'Keep your fork ..the best is  yet to come.'  

The Pastor's eyes welled  up  with tears of joy as he hugged the young woman  good-bye. He  knew this would be one of the last times  he would see her  before her death. But he also knew  that the young woman had  a better grasp of heaven than  he did. She had a better grasp  of what heaven would be  like than many people twice her age,  with twice as  much experience and knowledge. She KNEW that  something  better was coming.

At the funeral people were   walking by the young woman's casket   and
   they   saw the cloak she was wearing and the fork placed in  her  right hand. Over and over, the Pastor heard the  question,  'What's with the fork?' And over and over he  smiled.  

During his message, the  Pastor  told the people of the conversation he had with  the young  woman shortly before she died. He also told  them about the  fork and about what it symbolized to  her. He told the people  how he could not stop thinking  about the fork and told them  that they probably would  not be able to stop thinking about  it either.  

He was right. So the next time  you reach down  for your fork let it remind you, ever so  gently, that  the best is yet to come.  
Friends   are a very rare jewel    ,   indeed.   They  make you smile and encourage you to succeed.   Cherish   the time you have,   and   the memories you share. Being  friends with someone is not an opportunity, but a sweet  responsibility.

Send   this to everyone you consider a FRIEND...and I'll bet  this  will be an
  Email   they do remember, every time they pick up a  fork!      
 And  just remember...keep your  fork!  
 

The  BEST is yet to  come!

   
   
   

God  Bless   You




--
Gia L.Smith
"....When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need...." Author Unknown




--
Michelle Denise Williams BA Psychology
214-434-7760
 
T. S. Eliot
Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.

No comments:

This is Me

This is Me
WOMAN OF GOD

My Little Ones

My Little Ones
ASHLEY< WARNELL >DEVION>TAYVION